Drinking water is essential for us to survive. There is no recommended specific amount of water that one should drink. But a person should drink at least 1000ml-1500ml of water regularly. It is important to stay hydrated and drink enough water throughout the day so that every part of our body can function normally. Dehydration leads us to low blood pressure, dizziness, or colored urination. Doctors suggest that to drink water properly so that when we age our kidneys don’t lose the ability to eliminate water. So the importance of staying hydrated is immense in our whole life.
Just quenching your thirst is different from rehydration. Of course, you have to listen to your body, along with taking the right amount of fluids is very important as our body contains 60-70% water. Our bodies can not go much longer than a few days without water. Everyone knows hydration has a significant role in our body, but they don’t understand the adverse side effects due to dehydration. Dehydration causes when the body uses or losses more fluids than it takes. As a result, it can not carry out the normal functions of the body. Hydration can improve your lives. It maintains the body fluids, controls calories, increases the energy level, bolsters the immune system, keeps the skin shining and beautiful, etc.
Few signals of dehydration are:
1. Little urine or no urine.
2. Extreme Thirst
4. Dizziness and
5. Colored urine
Let’s discuss the importance of staying hydrated
1. Water keeps our body temperature in control
When we perform any sort of exercise or workout, and it heats our body, to keep our body cool water is released from our skin known as sweat to control the external heat. So to keep our body temperature in control, it is very important to be hydrated throughout the day.
2. Water helps to maintain our blood pressure
When we drink water less than the adequate amount, then our blood becomes thicker; thus, it increases our blood pressure. So we need to be hydrated all the time and drink enough water.
3. Water helps in weight loss
Water helps in weight loss. If we drink water before having our meal, it gives us a sense of fullness so it can prevent us from having excess food. And it is consumed instead of cold drinks then it can also help in weight loss.
4. Water is good for our skin
Drinking a good amount of water every day can moisturize our skin and make it glow. And it also helps to prevent wrinkles in our skin.
5. Water increases energy level
After any sort of exercise or workout, it is very important to rehydrate to replace the lost fluids from our body by drinking water. By ensuring proper hydration can significantly raise our energy level. So water helps us to increase our energy level.
In the end, it can be said that being hydrated or drinking enough water throughout the day is very important for us to maintain a healthy life.
Now let’s talk about those people who struggle to drink enough water in their daily lives or do not take a sufficient amount of liquids
So here are five tips to stay hydrated
- Buy an aesthetic water bottle for drinking water, and if something is aesthetically pleasing, you will use it anyway. Besides, it will make you feel about drinking more water. You can also carry it with you anywhere and everywhere. When you have a water bottle, you can drink water whenever you feel or have water every time you think of it.
- It’s essential to know how much liquids your body needs in 24hrs. Drinking 8-ounce glasses of water is the most common recommendation. In other words, 2-3 liters of water is necessary to take in order to maintain the different functions of the body. Without fixing a target amount of water, it is not possible to stay hydrated.
- Use a water tracking app so that you do not forget to have water, and the particular ratio of drinking a specific amount of water can be maintained by it. Alarms can also help in this matter. You can also keep the tracks in an analog manner. Sticky notes are handy in this case. It can work as a reminder. Eventually, it would not be a problem for you to maintain an easy schedule to stay hydrated for the whole day by taking a sufficient amount of water.
- It is found that drinking water is not the only way to stay hydrated. You can take different fruits and vegetables. There are fruits and vegetables which can keep you hydrated throughout the day, such as – cucumber, watermelon, tomato, strawberries, grapes, etc. Water is tasteless, so this can work as an alternative. Apart from that, sliced lemon can be put into water to get a better taste of it. Lemon is also good for your health.
- If you are super busy and very forgetful, you can use a trick so that you do not forget to drink water. Use hair ties to keep track of water. Suppose you have to take three bottles of water. So put three hair ties on your right hand. When you are done with one bottle of water, you will take out one of the ties and put it in your left hand. Eventually, you will not have any hair ties in your hand, and thus, you will know you have taken the right amount of water the whole day.
So these are the importance and tips to stay hydrated. It’s very important to take plenty of liquids to live a healthy lifestyle. Hydration can improve our lifestyle. So we should apply these tips and always stay hydrated.
In the end, It can be said that being hydrated throughout the day is very important for us to maintain a healthy life. Because by ensuring proper hydration, our body can function normally. Dehydration can harm our health in many ways. You can understand the importance of staying hydrated by reading the first part of this blog. I have also given a few very useful tips to stay hydrated throughout the day. So stay hydrated and stay healthy.